We provide customers with a range of options to assist them in gambling responsibly including:
- Deposit Limits
- Self-Exclusion or Opt-Out
- Information on Keeping Control
- Parental Controls
Under Age Gambling
It is against the law for those under 18 to gamble and MichezoChapaa takes its responsibilities in this regard very seriously. We carry out electronic age verification checks on customers and may also ask for backup documentation. Anyone under the age of 18 found to be using the site will have any winnings forfeited and may also be reported to the appropriate authorities.
All our Customer Service staff receive awareness training on problem gambling issues.
Information on Keeping Control.
Whilst the majority of people do gamble within their means, for some gambling can become a problem. It may help you to keep control to remember the following:
1. Gambling should be entertaining and not seen as a way of making money
2. Avoid chasing losses
3. Only gamble what you can afford to lose
4. Keep track of the time and amount you spend gambling
Problem Gambling Questionnaire
If you are concerned that gambling may have taken over your (or someone else’s) life then the following questions may help you find out:
1. Do you gamble to escape from a boring or unhappy life?
2. When gambling and you run out of money, do you feel lost and in despair and need to gamble again as soon as possible?
3. Do you gamble until your last penny is gone, even the fare home or the cost of a cup of tea?
4. Have you ever lied to cover up the amount of money or time you have spent gambling?
5. Have you lost interest in your family, friends or hobbies because of your gambling?
6. After losing, do you feel you must try and win back your losses as soon as possible?
7. Do arguments, frustrations or disappointments make you want to gamble?
8. Do you feel depressed or even suicidal because of your gambling?
The more you answer ‘yes’ to these questions, the more likely you are to have a serious gambling problemParental Controls
There are a number of third party applications that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet:
1. Net Nanny filtering software protects children from inappropriate web content: www.netnanny.com.
2. CYBERsitter filtering software allowing parents to add their own sites to block: www.cybersitter.com.